St. Athanasius is located in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia and was founded in July 1928, possessing a very rich and proud tradition. Thousands of young boys and girls, and men and women, have passed through these doors over the years, celebrating the sacraments of Baptism, Penance, First Holy Communion, Confirmation and Matrimony and this website is dedicated to the memories of all those people from the distant, and the not-so distant past. Long may they live the lessons learned, as well as demonstrate the spirit of St. A's...
For some great pictures of the Church, as well as Class pictures of the Classes of 1960 and 1969 please visit Joe Jones' website.
Physical Plant history through about 1951, courtesy of Rosemary Clooney Dailey (click to enlarge).
Courtesy of Rosemary Clooney Dailey, Niece of Founding Pastor Rev. Thomas L. Clooney, a little piece of history about the Parish, from the Founder Father Clooney through the Lay Teachers and Sisters that have served St. A's so well throughout its 80+ year existence (Click to enlarge).
Lovin' Spoonful, Summer in the City.
Play St. A's Trivia
"Parishioners Handbook" circa 1955 provided by Diana Evans '72 in memory of her Mother Margaret